Total Cook Time
- 1½ cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Cache Valley® Shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1¼ cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- SPRAY the cups of a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cornmeal, flour, ½ cup cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- BEAT milk, eggs and oil together in another mixing bowl.
- STIR wet ingredients and green onions into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- TRANSFER batter to the prepared muffin pan, dividing evenly among the cups. Divide remaining ¼ cup cheese among the tops of the muffins.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.