Total Cook Time
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups water heated to 120° F
- 4 tbsp. Cache Valley® Butter, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg. (2¼ tsp.) instant yeast
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- 1½ cups Cache Valley® 6-Cheese Italian Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- SPREAD 1 tbsp of olive oil in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- PLACE water and 2 tbsp. butter into a small bowl and stir until butter has melted.
- PLACE the salt, flour, yeast, garlic powder and ½ tsp. Italian seasoning into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- POUR in water and butter and process for 1 minute or until the mixture forms a dough (it will be somewhat wet).
- ADD ½ cup cheese and pulse until the cheese is evenly distributed in the dough.
- TRANSFER the dough into the oiled pan, pressing until it forms an even layer; cover, and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour until it becomes puffy.
- MELT the remaining 2 tbsp. butter in a medium-sized non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- ADD the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- STIR in the balsamic vinegar and pinch of salt and continue cooking about 1 minute or until liquid has mostly evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool.
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- GENTLY POKE dough all over with your fingertips and drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Arrange onion slices over dough, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning and pepper.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes until the edges just start turning golden. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over top. Return to oven and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- REMOVE from oven and wait 5 minutes, then lift out of pan.
- SERVE warm.